September 1913: Wives of members of the Phil. Columbian Club organized themselves as the Philippine Feminine Extension or Women’s Auxiliary Club. These women were the founders of the institution whose president was Dr. Honoria Acosta Sison and started Asociacion de Damas de Filipinas, Inc.
1919: Settlement House was established and had its first site on a building at Avenida Rizal St., Manila. It was used as a temporary shelter to indigent aged widows and orphans. Services to care of babies and small children were extended.
1925: Settlement House’ permanent site was established at 815 Canonigo St. Paco, Manila, now known as 1451 Pres. Quirino Ave., Paco, Manila.
1941: Settlement House became a refuge center, hospital, and dispensary for homeless civilians from Paco, Singalong, Ermita, Pasay, and Sta. Ana.
December 3, 1998: A fire gutted the 72-year-old building of the institution, which caused 28 casualties, mostly children that are admitted in the center.
February 14, 1999: A new building was inaugurated thru the assistance given by former President Joseph Estrada and his alumni friends in Ateneo de Manila University.
March 2006: The institution had its lifetime licensed to operate under the DSWD’s authority providing residential care service to children in need of special care.